Britain’s Most Notorious Gang – Cecile Emeke

Dorothy Groce

The police shot Dorothy ‘Cherry’ Groce by police, while they sought her son Michael Groce; they believed Michael Groce was hiding in his mother’s home. It is reported that the police did not give the required warning. Michael Groce was not there at the time of the shooting, and Mrs. Groce was paralysed below the waist by the police bullet. The police officer who shot Mrs. Groce, Inspector Douglas Lovelock, was prosecuted but eventually acquitted of malicious wounding. In March 2014, almost 29 years after the events, and almost three years after the death of Mrs. Groce, the Metropolitan Police made a public apology for the shooting.

Cynthia Jarrett

Forty-nine-year-old Mrs Jarret immediately collapsed and died from a heart attack during a police raid in relation to her son. During the coroner’s inquest into Mrs Jarret’s death, her daughter, Patricia claimed to have seen D.C. Randle push her mother whilst conducting the search inside their house, causing her to fall. Randle denied this allegation. No police officers were charged or disciplined for her death.

Frank Ogboru

London tourist and Nigerian businessman Frank Ogburu cried out ‘I can’t breathe’, as four police officers piled on top of him, one standing with his foot on Ogburu’s neck. Speaking from her home in Lagos, Mr Ogboru’s widow, Christy, said: “I am crushed. I put my faith in the British system to give me justice but it has failed me. Frank was not a criminal. He did not deserve to die in the street like an animal.”

Wayne Douglas

Wayne Douglas, 25, died in Brixton police station after being detained in a stop and search operation. The first inquest into his death found he had been held face-down with his hands cuffed behind his back on four separate occasions. The jury at the inquest found, by an 8-1 verdict, that his death from heart-failure had been an accident, despite acknowledging that it was caused by police methods of restraint.

Roger Sylvester

Roger Sylvester was a mentally ill man who died after being detained outside his home in Tottenham, London, by eight Metropolitan police officers. He fell into a coma and eventually died while being restrained on the floor of a padded room by six officers while being assessed by medical staff. In 2003, an inquest heard that Sylvester had died of brain damage and cardiac arrest, caused by difficulty breathing because of the position he was held in. A jury returned a verdict of unlawful killing in October 2003. The verdict was overturned in November 2004.

Joy Gardner

Joy Gardner, aged fourty, died after being arrested by ‘specialist’ officers from the Extradition Unit of the Met. She was gagged to death with 13 feet of tape. The inquest was adjourned till trial of officers involved, and the officers were later acquitted.

Sean Rigg

Sean Rigg was a 40-year old man who has mental health issue. He died on 21 August 2008 while in police custody at the entrance to Brixton police station, South London, England.

Christopher Adler

Christopher Alder was a former British Army paratrooper who died while in police custody, in April 1998. On arrival at the police station he was “partially dragged and partially carried,” handcuffed and unconscious, from a police van and then placed on the floor of the custody suite while officers chatted between themselves and speculated that he was faking illness. A coroner’s jury in 2000 returned a verdict that Alder was unlawfully killed and in 2002 five police officers went on trial accused of manslaughter and misconduct in public office, but were cleared on the orders of the judge. In November 2011 the government formally apologised to Alder’s family in the European Court of Human Rights, admitting that it had breached its obligations in regard to preserving life and ensuring no one is subjected to inhuman or degrading treatment. They also admitted that they had failed to carry out an effective and independent inquiry into the case.

Derek Bennett

Derek Bennett was shot dead in the street by Brixton police who alleged they were called by a member of the public; Derek was carrying a novelty lighter shaped like a gun. Inquest verdict: ‘Lawful killing’.

Mark Duggan 

The father of four was shot dead by the Trident unit of the Metropolitan Police. It was concluded a lawful killing despite it being proved he was unarmed and had no gun. The media went on to demonise Duggan by using a “hard-faced” images of him, which was later found to be a cropped pictures of the Father at his daughter’s graveside.

So, please spare me the ‘UK Police are so regulated’ crap. Regulate these fucking murders.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s